jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Berkeleydb persistence, and Spring support
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 16:03:17 GMT
hi guillaume,

On 7/24/05, Guillaume Bort <guillaume@zenexity.fr> wrote:
> Hi stefan,
>
> I fixed required issues in my code.
> You can download it at
> http://www.zenexity.fr/~guillaume/shared/bdb-persistence.zip
>
> I let you to integrate it into the jackrabbit source code.

excellent, thanks! i committed your code as is, with one little
modification:
i replaced ThreadLocal.remove() with ThreadLocal.put(null) in order
to avoid jdk1.5 dependencies.

thanks again for your contribution!

cheers
stefan

> cheers
> guillaume
>
> Stefan Guggisberg a écrit :
>
> >hi guillaume,
> >
> >i had a quick look at the persistence manager code,
> >great job!
> >
> >if you'd want to contribute it to jackrabbit i would be very
> >interested. i think it would make a great and very useful
> >contribution. a couple of minor issues would have to be
> >fixed first though. the source files would require the ASF
> >copyright notice header, the project should be mavenized,
> >je.jar should be removed for licensing reasons and we
> >would also need a signed CLA from you.
> >
> >so please let me know if you want to contribute it.
> >
> >cheers
> >stefan
> >
> >On 7/21/05, Guillaume Bort <guillaume@zenexity.fr> wrote:
> >

> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>I have finished a first implementation of a berkeleydb persistence manager that
uses berkeleydb java edition.

> >>I think that this persistence manager might be a good alternative to CQFS..
> >>It is largely inspired by the ObjectPersistenceManager except that it stores
serialized objects as database entries instead of
> >>simple files.
> >>Others advantages are a set of tools to dump/load/verify the database, and a
really atomical write of the changelog.

> >>It passes the same tests as the original ObjectPersistenceManager and performances
are almost identical (sometimes better).

> >>I have also worked on a jcr support for the spring framework.
> >>I think that it's more a contribution to the spring project, but I'd like feedback
from the jackrabbit users first.
> >>The spring support provides a jcr session factory bean, a jcr transaction manager
implementing the spring PlatformTransactionManager and an exception translator that converts
jcr exceptions to spring data access exceptions.