jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Berkeleydb persistence, and Spring support
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:43:49 GMT
hi guillaume,

i had a quick look at the persistence manager code,
great job!

if you'd want to contribute it to jackrabbit i would be very
interested. i think it would make a great and very useful
contribution. a couple of minor issues would have to be
fixed first though. the source files would require the ASF
copyright notice header, the project should be mavenized,
je.jar should be removed for licensing reasons and we
would also need a signed CLA from you.

so please let me know if you want to contribute it.

cheers
stefan

On 7/21/05, Guillaume Bort <guillaume@zenexity.fr> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have finished a first implementation of a berkeleydb persistence manager that uses
berkeleydb java edition.

> I think that this persistence manager might be a good alternative to CQFS.
> It is largely inspired by the ObjectPersistenceManager except that it stores serialized
objects as database entries instead of
> simple files.
> Others advantages are a set of tools to dump/load/verify the database, and a really atomical
write of the changelog.

> It passes the same tests as the original ObjectPersistenceManager and performances are
almost identical (sometimes better).

> I have also worked on a jcr support for the spring framework.
> I think that it's more a contribution to the spring project, but I'd like feedback from
the jackrabbit users first.
> The spring support provides a jcr session factory bean, a jcr transaction manager implementing
the spring PlatformTransactionManager and an exception translator that converts jcr exceptions
to spring data access exceptions.