jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance question
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:07:09 GMT
On 7/13/05, Jeff Foster <jeff_c_foster@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for the responses.
>
> w: is just a rename
>
> It looks like I will have to try linux then :-)
> If anyone is interested, I will post back a comparison some time soon.
>
> So are people mostly using unix/linux platforms for jackrabbit?

write performance on a windows box is perfectly acceptable using CQFS and/or
a custom PM as long as you don't primarily import files i.e. binary properties.
it's also easy to tweak the BLOB handling of a custom PM in order to get a
decent performance on a windows box even with binary properties.

cheers
stefan

> Cheers
>
> Jeff
>
> Tobias Strasser <tobias.strasser@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> just out of curiosity: do you have 'w' partitions? or just a renamed
> one? or is it a mapped network drive?
>
> the latter would also explain a poor performance :-)
> cheers, tobi
> --
> Tobias Strasser, Day Management AG, Barfuesserplatz 6, CH - 4001 Basel
> T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97

> How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Yahoo!
Photos. Get Yahoo! Photos