jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Persistence
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:56:38 GMT
On 7/11/05, Simon Gash <Simon.Gash@gossinteractive.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know why JackRabbit persists data only when Tomcat is closed
> down? I had a problem where the web container was accidentally stopped
> and as a consequence all the pending data in JackRabbit was not stored.

what configuration (filesystem/pm) are you using? CQFileSystem e.g. flushes
internal buffers to disk on repository shutdown (see RepositoryImpl.shutdown()).
you can force it to automatically flush on every write by setting
'autoSync' to 'true'
in the workspace configuration but this comes with a performance penalty.

cheers
stefan

> Thanks
>

> Simon
>

> Come visit us at:
>
> Content Management Europe Exhibition.  29th November - 1st December 2005, Olympia Grand
Hall, London.  Stand # 365

> GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in the Deloitte
Technology Fast 500 EMEA.

> This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.
>

> Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information may
be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses.
This email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.