jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Tobias Bocanegra <tobias.stras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jcr-server webapp PROPFIND/PROPPATCH support
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:55:33 GMT
hi rob,
the default configuration of the import/export catalogs are in a
manner, that provide a more or less 'normal' fileserver. MKCOL creates
folders, PUT creates files. it is completely up to you to alter the
command chains for your purpose.

cheers, tobi

On 7/20/05, Rob Owen <Rob.Owen@sas.com> wrote:
> To make the WebDAV view (/repository or SimpleWebdavServlet) in the jcr-server webapp
more general, it seems that PROPFIND should return all (or at least all user-defined) properties
found on the node. At the moment it only returns pseudo-properties (essential WebDAV properties)
that are created from node metadata. If there are user defined properties on these nodes then
they should be returned in a PROPFIND request. I'm not sure how these would be identified,
but might be something like any properties not defined in some namespaces (eg. nt, jcr, rep).
At the moment, these properties will not exist as they cannot be set on the nodetypes created
using this servlet (see below).
> In order to support PROPPATCH, DAVResourceImpl was modified, but discovered it creates
nt:folder nodes for WebDAV collections and nt:file nodes for WebDAV non-collection resources.
These nodetypes do not allow additional properties to be set and so this in itself prevents
PROPPATCH from working. Would the recommended route be to change the nodetypes created (eg.
to nt:unstructured or something else) in order to be able to set arbitrary properties on the
JCR nodes and thereby provide the ability to fully support WebDAV's PROPPATCH?
> Full support for PROPFIND/PROPPATCH is required for some existing WebDAV applications
to use jackrabbit as the content repository. Any suggestions on the best route would be much
> Thanks,
> Rob.

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97