jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Tobias Strasser <tobias.stras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: common libraries for jcr and jackrabbit (NodeType-Constants)
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:00:31 GMT
> Angela Schreiber wrote:
> > since the new commons with the main-jackrabbit source
> > now causes problems, i would like to have that
> > interface defining some constants being available
> > in the jackrabbit-commons, so i could remove the
> > commons in jcr-server.
>
> +1, as explained in the message forwarded by Angela.
>
> Additionally, I'd like to refactor the internal Jackrabbit nodetype
> object model and the nodetype XML format code into jackrabbit-commons.
> I've already done this work for the contrib/jcr-ext package to be used
> for my JCR adapter projects, but having a shared codebase with
> Jackrabbit would be _so_ much better.

that would be cool.

additionally, i thought of a more jcr-like way for an xml format of
the nodetypes. why not using the docview serialization of the
respective nt:nodeType nodes that represent the nodetype? the
advantage would be, that the format and structure are already
indirectly defined within jcr, export and import are also available in
jackrabbit.

cheers, tobi
--
Tobias Strasser, Day Management AG, Barfuesserplatz 6, CH - 4001 Basel