jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Open Source Content Browser
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:12:16 GMT
Hi oliver

On 7/19/05, Oliver Kiessler <oliver.kiessler@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Despite I don't have too much time nowadays I feel I'm working on it at
> > least indirectly ;). Let me explain...
> >
> > I didn't think it thoroughly but both jcr-taglib and jcr-commands might
> > help. The taglib would help to display the nodes either in a tree or in
> > a flat manner. btw, I'd like to improve it by adding ajax support
> > through DWR[1]. I think this improvement would help to build rich UIs
> > for other purposes too. e.g. a jcr backed resourcebundle console come to
> > my mind because we talked about it a few days ago.
> >
> > And, independently of the MVC framework of your choice, the project
> > jcr-commands might help too, I'm thinking of binding commands to menu
> > items.
> >
> > It seems that the tough part will be the fancy javascript but if the
> > lines above have any sense we already have something :), WDYT?
>
> sounds interesting. do you have a simple demo webapp for the jcr-taglib?

Unfortunately not, I wrote it for a project which is not online yet
and didn't use it again since then. But there are examples in the
repository, and I think it's quite well documented. Build the xdocs
with maven and navigate the generated site, if it's not clear please
let me know, or better propose a patch ;).

BR,
edgar