jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit with JBOSS
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 15:13:28 GMT
hi Mohan

A couple of quotes from
http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/arch/deploy/howto-model1.html
that might help you.

<quote>
Limitations: the application should not be redeployed during the same
JVM process to avoid creating duplicate Jackrabbit instances with the
same configuration. In case you want to redeploy your application be
sure to shutdown the repository when your application is undeployed.
It can be done by calling RepositoryImpl.shutdown() (e.g. in the
destroy() method of a servlet).
</quote>

<quote>
Important: remember that two Jackrabbit instances should never read
from/write to the same physical storage. This setup is not supported
and will lead to corrupt data.
</quote>

BR,
edgar