jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Gash" <Simon.G...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Persistence
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:04:24 GMT
Filesystem is the CQFileSystem and the pm is ObjectPersistenceManager. I
think I'm going to set the autoSync to true and see how I go. I'm just
worried that someone is going to accidentally stop it and loads of data
is going to go missing.

Thanks

Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Guggisberg [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com]
Sent: 12 July 2005 09:57
To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tomcat Persistence

On 7/11/05, Simon Gash <Simon.Gash@gossinteractive.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know why JackRabbit persists data only when Tomcat is
closed
> down? I had a problem where the web container was accidentally stopped
> and as a consequence all the pending data in JackRabbit was not
stored.

what configuration (filesystem/pm) are you using? CQFileSystem e.g.
flushes
internal buffers to disk on repository shutdown (see
RepositoryImpl.shutdown()).
you can force it to automatically flush on every write by setting
'autoSync' to 'true'
in the workspace configuration but this comes with a performance
penalty.

cheers
stefan

> Thanks
>

> Simon
>

> Come visit us at:
>
> Content Management Europe Exhibition.  29th November - 1st December
2005, Olympia Grand Hall, London.  Stand # 365

> GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and
88th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA.

> This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may
be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an
addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email, please
notify the author by replying to this email. If you are not the intended
recipient you may not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on
this email.

> Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as
information may be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
or incomplete or contain viruses. This email and any files attached to
it have been checked with virus detection software before transmission.
You should nonetheless carry out your own virus check before opening any
attachment. GOSS Interactive Ltd accepts no liability for any loss or
damage that may be caused by software viruses.