jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "McComsey, Doug" <Doug.Mccom...@ca.com>
Subject TCK; testEmptyMultiStringParent
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:19:06 GMT
The testEmptyMultiStringParent test in the TCK looks like this:

    public void testEmptyMultiStringParent() throws RepositoryException {
        String[] emptyStringArray = new String[]{null};
        property2.setValue(emptyStringArray);
        node.save();

        assertEquals("Property.setValue(emptyStringArray) did not set the property to an empty
array",
                      0, property2.getValues().length);
    }

This test would make sense if emptyStringArray had been defined this way:

        String[] emptyStringArray = new String[0];

As it is defined, it is not an empty array. It has one value, a null, and a length of one.
My implementation fails this test because it returns exactly what was given to it. Zero does
not equal one.

Is the test wrong or should I be checking the content of the array and removing nulls?

Regards,
Doug

Doug McComsey
Computer Associates