jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Fabrizio Giustina <fgi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strange error
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 12:31:28 GMT
On 7/5/05, Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reutegger@gmx.net> wrote:
> Fabrizio Giustina encountered a similar error:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.devel/2363
>
> But we haven't received any feedback whether he had been able to
> reproduce his error with a JUnit test.

No, the reason why I didn't submit any issue to jira is because I
wasn't able to reproduce the error that caused the inconsistency...
removing nodes usually removes them from the search index correctly, I
was not able to recreate that situation in a junit test.
After a few day's tests I ended up in removing the index directory to
make lucene reindex the whole repository and now it's fine (the index
has never been corrupted anymore).

I was thinking about adding an hook in the search result iterator in
order to remove invalid nodes on the fly (a rude implementation: catch
the NoSuchElement exception and remove it from the index): maybe this
could be a fail safe solution in order to avoid ghost nodes in the
search index?

fabrizio