jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: associations between nodes
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 05:11:28 GMT
David Nuescheler wrote:

>does this sound like a parent child relationship?

no. I shouldn't have used the example "mother", "parent", "child" ;-)

>or a reference?

that's what I thought first, but IIUC this cannot be used, because
it's basically just a symbolic/soft link, right?

Well, it's really like associations within TopicMaps.

I have currently implemented it by creating a sub-node called "associations"
and then using multi-valued properties for each type of association and
using the UUID strings of the associated nodes for the values.

E.g. a project can be associated with multiple tasks/issues, or a
owner/person
can be associated with multiple projects or multiple tast/issues.

But I am sure this could be done a bit more generic ;-)

Maybe it's something for a future verision of JSR-170 ...

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner