jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Osbaldeston <richard.osbaldes...@wordmap.com>
Subject javax.jcr.RepositoryException 1252: unable to update item
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:40:36 GMT
Hi all,
          Managed to get our repository up & running on Windows, but
after populating it
with the contents of a file system (fairly large 400mb worth) the
performance dropped through
the floor and JackRabbit would silently hang. It'd take nearly two hours
just to delete the
repository files with rm -rf and more to re-populate again. NTFS was
obviously struggling with
just the automatically directory structure.

So I've tried to move over to a linux box (same build files #224710)
things appear to work as expected for a small 200k teaser, but
attempting a population with the same script used under Windows fails
with an odd javax.jcr.RepositoryException after half and hour to an
hours worth of heavy loading.. wondering if anyone can cast some light
on the likely causes for the following exception?

Caught: com.wordmap.classification.repository.RepositoryException:
javax.jcr.RepositoryException: /1252: unable to update item.: failed to
store
property state:
551dbb73-119f-429c-a72b-8044afc2d2bb/{http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}created:
failed
to create folder
/tmp/jcr-repository/workspaces/filestore-1.0/data/551d/bb73/119f429ca72b8044afc2
d2bb : failed to store property state:
551dbb73-119f-429c-a72b-8044afc2d2bb/{http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}created:
failed
to create folder
/tmp/jcr-repository/workspaces/filestore-1.0/data/551d/bb73/119f429ca72b8044afc2
d2bb - Notification of EventListeners stopped. - Notification of
EventListeners
stopped. - Notification of EventListeners stopped.

I'm using the basic LocalFileSystem implementation here with the
XMLPersistenceManager, suspect the serialized object PM might also
improve performance, CQFS would be a non-starter as I'm investigating
JackRabbit/JCR for a potential commercial product. I've managed to turn
off the indexing (commented out of the repository.xml) as we shouldn't
need it just yet, but trying to remove versioning threw errors
(mandatory configuration?) also intersted if they'res anything else I
can do to strip things down and speed things up..?

- Richard