jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Bort <guilla...@zenexity.fr>
Subject Re: Berkeleydb persistence, and Spring support
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2005 17:23:00 GMT
Hi stefan,

I fixed required issues in my code.
You can download it at

I let you to integrate it into the jackrabbit source code.

Stefan Guggisberg a écrit :

>hi guillaume,
>i had a quick look at the persistence manager code,
>great job!
>if you'd want to contribute it to jackrabbit i would be very
>interested. i think it would make a great and very useful
>contribution. a couple of minor issues would have to be
>fixed first though. the source files would require the ASF
>copyright notice header, the project should be mavenized,
>je.jar should be removed for licensing reasons and we
>would also need a signed CLA from you.
>so please let me know if you want to contribute it.
>On 7/21/05, Guillaume Bort <guillaume@zenexity.fr> wrote:
>>Hi all,
>>I have finished a first implementation of a berkeleydb persistence manager that uses
berkeleydb java edition.
>>I think that this persistence manager might be a good alternative to CQFS..
>>It is largely inspired by the ObjectPersistenceManager except that it stores serialized
objects as database entries instead of
>>simple files.
>>Others advantages are a set of tools to dump/load/verify the database, and a really
atomical write of the changelog.
>>It passes the same tests as the original ObjectPersistenceManager and performances
are almost identical (sometimes better).
>>I have also worked on a jcr support for the spring framework.
>>I think that it's more a contribution to the spring project, but I'd like feedback
from the jackrabbit users first.
>>The spring support provides a jcr session factory bean, a jcr transaction manager
implementing the spring PlatformTransactionManager and an exception translator that converts
jcr exceptions to spring data access exceptions.
>>It allows the use of spring declarative transactions for jcr operations.
>>You can download theses two packages at http://www.zenexity.fr/~guillaume/shared/
>>guillaume bort.

View raw message