jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: jcr-server webapp PROPFIND/PROPPATCH support
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 17:21:52 GMT
Angela Schreiber wrote:

> it's flexible, it works, but i'm not totally convinced.
> sorry... i thought, i would get used to it :).
> that's why i'd like to think about it. nothing to
> worry about. i just want to let you know, that i'd like
> to find out, whether there is no other solution, that
> would be suited.

no problem. hopefully whatever you come up with will be similarly
flexible and extensible.

fwiw, xml-based configuration isn't nearly as important to me as the
chain of responsibility pattern.

as we talked about earlier, the static singleton way of managing chains
is uncomfortable and can be improved, but the ability to simply mix and
match chain commands is very powerful.

in the next few days i'll be able to show off my icalendar import/export
commands (a pair used for caldav clients and a pair specifically for
apple's ical). hopefully this will be a good real world example of how
chain is useful.