jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Bort <guilla...@zenexity.fr>
Subject Re: Berkeleydb persistence, and Spring support
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:05:15 GMT
David,

We are working on a full portal solution, including an innovative jsr168
portal engine and a set of content oriented applications (online content
publication, document management, workgroups, discussion spaces). The
portal engine uses the JCR to store it's structure and user preferences.
Of course, most of our applications store their content into JCR too.

We are using Jackrabbit as a JCR implementation and we are very happy
with this one.

One of our customer will soon switch into production environment and we
want to backup/restore the data store easily.
Another point is that when customers ask how data are stored, I think
they will be more confident if we answer 'into a berkeleydb database'
than 'directly on filesystem'. (However I think it should not be a
problem to store them directly in a descent filesystem in production
environment).

A part of our portal solution will be opensourced soon.

Guillaume.

David Nuescheler a écrit :

>hi guillaume,
>
>sounds great. thanks a lot for the information.
>the pm sounds very interesting, and i agree that this may
>well be an interesting alternative to cqfs.
>
>i assume that you have a particular application as the reason to
>build this.
>can you tell us more about the application and the requirements
>that you needed to cover?
>
>regards,
>david
>
>On 7/21/05, Guillaume Bort <guillaume@zenexity.fr> wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I have finished a first implementation of a berkeleydb persistence manager that uses
berkeleydb java edition.

>>I think that this persistence manager might be a good alternative to CQFS..
>>It is largely inspired by the ObjectPersistenceManager except that it stores serialized
objects as database entries instead of
>>simple files.
>>Others advantages are a set of tools to dump/load/verify the database, and a really
atomical write of the changelog.

>>It passes the same tests as the original ObjectPersistenceManager and performances
are almost identical (sometimes better).

>>I have also worked on a jcr support for the spring framework.
>>I think that it's more a contribution to the spring project, but I'd like feedback
from the jackrabbit users first.
>>The spring support provides a jcr session factory bean, a jcr transaction manager
implementing the spring PlatformTransactionManager and an exception translator that converts
jcr exceptions to spring data access exceptions.