jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: Berkeleydb persistence, and Spring support
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:34:24 GMT
Guillaume Bort wrote:

> I have also worked on a jcr support for the spring framework. I think
> that it's more a contribution to the spring project, but I'd like
> feedback from the jackrabbit users first.
> The spring support provides a jcr session factory bean, a jcr
> transaction manager implementing the spring PlatformTransactionManager
> and an exception translator that converts jcr exceptions to spring data
> access exceptions.
> It allows the use of spring declarative transactions for jcr operations.

nice! i've done something similar, but with slightly different features:

1) you can either use jcr's regular jaas authentication or a
pre-authenticated subject

2) the dao support class has only one callback method for both read-only
and read-write access, and it does not require you to manually convert
jcr exceptions.

3) transactions are not managed

you can see the source code at
<http://svn.osafoundation.org/server/commons/trunk/spring/>.

perhaps we can merge the good ideas from both implementations and offer
the final result as a contribution to spring? i'm not terribly
interested in maintaining this code ;)

ps: is there a non-annotations way to specify transactions and/or a
backport of annotations?