jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Bort <guilla...@zenexity.fr>
Subject Berkeleydb persistence, and Spring support
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:56:28 GMT
Hi all,

I have finished a first implementation of a berkeleydb persistence manager that uses berkeleydb
java edition.

I think that this persistence manager might be a good alternative to CQFS.
It is largely inspired by the ObjectPersistenceManager except that it stores serialized objects
as database entries instead of
simple files.
Others advantages are a set of tools to dump/load/verify the database, and a really atomical
write of the changelog.

It passes the same tests as the original ObjectPersistenceManager and performances are almost
identical (sometimes better).

I have also worked on a jcr support for the spring framework.
I think that it's more a contribution to the spring project, but I'd like feedback from the
jackrabbit users first.
The spring support provides a jcr session factory bean, a jcr transaction manager implementing
the spring PlatformTransactionManager and an exception translator that converts jcr exceptions
to spring data access exceptions.
It allows the use of spring declarative transactions for jcr operations.

You can download theses two packages at http://www.zenexity.fr/~guillaume/shared/

regards.

guillaume bort.