jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: jcr-server webapp PROPFIND/PROPPATCH support
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:52:39 GMT
Angela Schreiber wrote:

> instead, i would define a project specific 'folder' and 'file' nodetype
> that allow to set specific (or any) properties.

ok, i can do that, but it seems to be forcing the burden of implementing
what i believe to be generally expected behavior on every jcr-server
user who wants that behavior. that doesn't seem right.

> btw: i would consider the dav: prefix to be reserved for those
> things defined with the various rfcs related to webdav.
> i would not use that for your nodetypes. microsoft tend to use
> the dav: prefix for everything they invent related to webdav
> and it doesn't make things very clear.

sure. resources and collections are defined in a webdav rfc ;) that's
why i suggested dav:resource and dav:collection.

my implementation of the webdav ticket spec uses ticket:. similarly, my
caldav and icalendar stuff use the obvious prefixes.