jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: jcr-server webapp PROPFIND/PROPPATCH support
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 07:19:53 GMT

> my plan is to define the node types dav:collection and dav:resource
> which extend nt:folder and nt:file to allow user-defined properties.
>
> angela etc, does this sound like a reasonable approach?

hm.... not sure, whether i like that. i think the terms
collection and non-collection resource used with the webdav
specification reflect an abstraction. it's up to the
implementation to define what makes a collection resource.
nodetypes on the other hand should - from my point of view -
define something meaningful.

or one step further: with deltaV additional resourcetypes
are defined (e.g. versionhistory)... no, i would rather not create
new nodetypes for webdav-resourcetypes.

instead, i would define a project specific 'folder' and 'file' nodetype
that allow to set specific (or any) properties.

regards
angela

btw: i would consider the dav: prefix to be reserved for those
things defined with the various rfcs related to webdav.
i would not use that for your nodetypes. microsoft tend to use
the dav: prefix for everything they invent related to webdav
and it doesn't make things very clear.