jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: jcr-server webapp PROPFIND/PROPPATCH support
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:04:43 GMT
Rob Owen wrote:

> In order to support PROPPATCH, DAVResourceImpl was modified, but discovered it creates
nt:folder nodes for WebDAV collections and nt:file nodes for WebDAV non-collection resources.
These nodetypes do not allow additional properties to be set and so this in itself prevents
PROPPATCH from working. Would the recommended route be to change the nodetypes created (eg.
to nt:unstructured or something else) in order to be able to set arbitrary properties on the
JCR nodes and thereby provide the ability to fully support WebDAV's PROPPATCH?

hey, i'll be working on this in the next few days myself.

my plan is to define the node types dav:collection and dav:resource
which extend nt:folder and nt:file to allow user-defined properties.

angela etc, does this sound like a reasonable approach?

if you want to get to this before i do, great. please submit a patch :)