jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Open Source Content Browser
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:43:22 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
> Michael Wechner wrote:
>> David Nuescheler wrote:
>>> i seriously think that the client app (content browser) should
>>> be independent of the transport layer and just use jcr to
>>> interact with the repository.
>> you mean by using jcr-rmi?
> I think David suggested that the browser application should use JNDI
> or some other mechanism to get a reference to the JCR Repository
> interface and use the standard JCR methods to access the repository.

ok, but IIUC this requires that such a naming service is running
somewhere, where
the repository has been bound to, right? If so, I am not sure if this is
the case or just overkill for many situations, but maybe I misunderstand
something completely

> This way the application could easily be deployed using any of the
> available deployment models. It could either directly access an
> in-process Jackrabbit or another JCR implementation, or use JCR-RMI or
> the Webdav layer to access a remote repository.
> The choise of a transport layer and even whether to use one should be
> a deployment, not development issue.

you mean like model 3? Any help to get a better understanding is

> BR,
> Jukka Zitting

Michael Wechner