jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Michael Singer <jackrab...@it-specialist.at>
Subject Re: Porting JSR-170 to .net
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:50:31 GMT


David Nuescheler wrote:
> hi michael,
> 
> 
>>I just did a quick conversion of the api to c# with a tool from microsoft.
>>There is a problem with the package name javax.jcr.lock since lock is a
>>keyword in c# (renamed it to locking).
>>The second issue was the ContentHandler from org.xml.sax, I simply
>>replaced that with Object for the moment to get it compiled.
> 
> I think to get a "real .NET port" one could maybe spend a little
> time porting things to make them more ".NET-friendly". 
> For example something like an InputStream should probably 
> translate to something like a System.IO.Stream or maybe 
> one could consider the use of .NET-properties over 
> getters/setters?
> 
> I think this makes the API more "natural" for .NET developers.
> 

This is already done by the conversion tool. I can replace the copyright
statement with the Apache license and rename the package/namespace from
javax.jcr to ncr (.net content repository) for instance. The PHP guys
did almost the same as far as I have seen.

I also found a SAX Port for .NET on sourceforge, I will check this when
I have some time ;-)

> 
>>So basically the api compiles but it is not yet tested. I am currently
>>working on a WebDAV client in .net to be used as transport through the api.
> 
> sounds very cool, looking forward to any news.
> 
> regards,
> david


For the moment I can provide the quick port with the replaced copyright
and namespace if you want.

-- 
kind regards

Michael

Mime
View raw message