jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Osbaldeston <richard.osbaldes...@wordmap.com>
Subject Error on setProperty
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:21:12 GMT
Still relatively new to JCR/JackRabbit so not entriely sure I'm not
doing something very wrong here, but I've some code thats trying to set
a property on a child node (wmnt:trainingData) like this:

node.setProperty("wmnt:trainingData/wmpt:taxonomyData", "bob");

Which cause the following exception (build #216173):

|javax.jcr.RepositoryException: invalid property name:
wmnt:trainingData/wmpt:taxonomyData:
'wmnt:trainingData/wmpt:taxonomyData' is not a valid name:
'wmnt:trainingData/wmpt:taxonomyData' is not a valid name
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.getOrCreateProperty(NodeImpl.java:408)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.setProperty(NodeImpl.java:2002)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.setProperty(NodeImpl.java:1986)
    at
com.wordmap.classification.repository.jcrbased.MarshallingVisitorTest.testMetaData(MarshallingVisitorTest.java:123)
    at
    at
    at
com.intellij.rt.execution.junit2.IdeaJUnitAgent.doRun(IdeaJUnitAgent.java:57)
    at
com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.TextTestRunner2.startRunnerWithArgs(TextTestRunner2.java:23)
    at
com.intellij.rt.execution.junit2.JUnitStarter.prepareStreamsAndStart(JUnitStarter.java:97)
    at
com.intellij.rt.execution.junit2.JUnitStarter.main(JUnitStarter.java:31)
    at
    at
    at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:86)
Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.name.IllegalNameException:
'wmnt:trainingData/wmpt:taxonomyData' is not a valid name
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.name.QName.parse(QName.java:260)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.name.QName.fromJCRName(QName.java:154)
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.getOrCreateProperty(NodeImpl.java:406)
    ... 26 more

Whereas if I navigate to the node and call setProperty() it works just
fine, i.e.

        assertNotNull(node = node.getNode("wmnt:trainingData"));
        node.setProperty("wmpt:taxonomyData", "bob");

Can I use paths in setProperty()? getProperty() certainly allows them..
or is it a bug?

- Richard