jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Open Source Content Browser
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 03:42:00 GMT
Hi guys,

Oliver Kiessler wrote:
> hi michi,
>

>>Has anyone started yet an Open Source version of something similar
>>to Day's Content Explorer resp. Day's CRX?
>>
>>If not, then I would get started myself by developing a Swing or Luxor
>>based version which is able to access local repos and remote repos
>>through WebDAV.
>

> I would be interested to work on a web-based repository browser.

Despite I don't have too much time nowadays I feel I'm working on it at
least indirectly ;). Let me explain...

I didn't think it thoroughly but both jcr-taglib and jcr-commands might
help. The taglib would help to display the nodes either in a tree or in
a flat manner. btw, I'd like to improve it by adding ajax support
through DWR[1]. I think this improvement would help to build rich UIs
for other purposes too. e.g. a jcr backed resourcebundle console come to
my mind because we talked about it a few days ago.

And, independently of the MVC framework of your choice, the project
jcr-commands might help too, I'm thinking of binding commands to menu
items.

It seems that the tough part will be the fancy javascript but if the
lines above have any sense we already have something :), WDYT?

kind regards,
edgar

[1] http://www.getahead.ltd.uk/dwr/index.html