jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: strong etags in simple webdav server
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 23:12:16 GMT
Angela Schreiber wrote:

> so... could we
> - delegate the calculation of the etag to the
>   commands, letting them decide on whether they are able
>   to provide any and whether it would be a strong or a
>   weak one?
> - remove that additional method in NodeResource that is
>   not used?

sounds fine to me :)

fwiw, i've been advised that the etag is specifically relevant only to
the resource's content, not its properties. so i think that the current
calculation is sufficient for my strong etag needs. but i can see that
particular import/export commands might want to calculate them differently.