jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Guozhong (Richard) Wang" <guozhong.w...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit deployment model 1
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:18:10 GMT
Julien and Marcel,

Thanks for the clarification. Now I understand it's the internal cache
that prevents multiple Repos from accessing the storage at the same
time. This design makes sense as it has better performance than the one
without the cache. But if the internal cache is disabled as Julien did,
in theory should multiple Repos be able to simultaneously access the

Julien Viet wrote:

> If you disable the cache then you reload everything all the time and
> should achieve the desired effect, but performances will suffer a lot.
> By the way I disabled the cache in jackrabbit (I simple modified the
> code to have the SharedItemCache have the put() do a noop).
> Some tests were not passing with that change. I think it is not normal
> to have the tests failing when the cache is disabled (even if it
> is uses a hack to make it not effective)
> Marcel Reutegger wrote:
>> Julien Viet wrote:
>>> because jackrabbit uses an internal cache that you cannot disable.
>> and even if you would be able to disable the cache, one instance had
>> to tell the other one that something has changed on disc. otherwise
>> you would have to scan the filesystem all the time for possible changes.
>> clustering is not that easy ;)
>> regards
>>  marcel

View raw message