jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>
Subject Re: build problems
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 22:50:50 GMT
Hi,

I wrote:
> * Switch from -dev to -SNAPSHOT in project versioning
> * Break the extends dependencies to the top level project.xml
> * Use the Maven Multi-Project plugin for building api, commons and core

These are now done. Good commands for managing the top level build:

     $ maven multiproject:install
     $ maven multiproject:clean
     $ maven multiproject:site

The -SNAPSHOT suffix causes Maven to try to download stuff from
http://www.day.com/maven/jackrabbit/jars/, but at the moment this
results in 403 Forbidden errors. I think Maven would be happier if
someone at Day could arrange for 404 Not Found errors to be served. Or
if possible, set up a nightly build script that would populate the
directory with the latest Jackrabbit SNAPSHOTs. :-)

> * Possibly upgrade to Maven 1.1

I didn't do this yet. We should probably wait until Maven 1.1 is out of
beta.

BR,

Jukka Zitting