jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: best practise for multi language support
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 04:01:10 GMT
Hi walter

Walter Raboch wrote:
> Are there any other suggestions or is there already some best practise?
IMHO there's already a best practice and it's out of the jcr scope[1].
Moreover, there are tools for extending the default localization
capabilities[2]. And if you stick to the standards there are GUIs that
might help you to edit your i18n texts [3].

But it's not my intention to discourage you, on the contrary I think
there's an interesting role for jcr regarding i18n. A ResourceBundle
backed by a jcr impl might be useful, WDYT?. It could provide many
features that would ease i18n and l10n management.

BR,
edgar

[1]
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/i18n/index.html.