jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shub...@jahia.com>
Subject Re: Scalability/Clustering
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 07:52:38 GMT
Walter Raboch wrote:

> There would be a hybrid solution too: store structure info and
> attributes to a DBMS and BLOBs to the filesystem. The project "daisy"
> is  just using this aproach. (http://new.cocoondev.org/daisy/index.html)

Again storing BLOBs in the filesystem can cause problems in cluster
scenarios. You then have the options of :

- sharing the filesystem using an NFS-like sharing system. You also need
to setup to avoid single point of failure problems.
- replicating but this means that all the nodes will not immediately
have coherent content.

>> One quick note about the current ORM implementation. The current
>> implementation that I've worked on with Jackrabbit can be improved.
>
> > Feel free to have a look and contribute ! But what David is saying
> > is true : for performance, the higher you can cache, the better !
>
> I am glad that you already invested so much time for a base I can work
> on. I like your solution but would prefer making the mapping
> configurable on a per NodeType base. I just started working on this.

Ok, I'm curious to see what it will look like :)

Regards,
  Serge Huber.