jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Ried <FlorianR...@gmx.de>
Subject JCR-RMI - Java Runtime < 1.5
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2005 09:30:40 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to use the JCR-RMI package on Websphere Application Server 5.1
(see Deployment Model 3, JCR-RMI Server). After having registered the
repository resource (see
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.jackrabbit.devel/2726), I
encountered some runtime version related problems. The Exception is:

om.ibm.websphere.naming.CannotInstantiateObjectException: Exception
occurred while the JNDI NamingManager was processing a
javax.naming.Reference object. Root exception is
com.ibm.websphere.naming.CannotInstantiateObjectException: Exception
occurred while the JNDI NamingManager was processing a
javax.naming.Reference object. Root exception is java.lang.LinkageError:
LinkageError while defining class:
org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientRepositoryFactory Could not be
defined due to: org/apache/jackrabbit/rmi/client/ClientRepositoryFactory
(Unsupported major.minor version 49.0) This is often caused by having a
class defined at multiple locations within the classloader hierarchy.
Other potential causes include compiling against an older or newer
version of the class that has an incompatible method signature. Dumping
the current context classloader hierarchy: ==> indicates defining
classloader ==>[0] com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader@31446be6
Local ClassPath: ...

I read, that the JCR-RMI packed is compiled against JDK 1.5. What will I
have to do to use it with a JRE < 1.5 and the IBM runtime environment
respectively?

Greetings.
-Florian