jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Walter Raboch <wrab...@ingen.at>
Subject best practise for multi language support
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2005 15:47:13 GMT
Hi all,

We just debated how to support multiple languages.
Instead of using one node appl:learningObject we decided to split up
into structural nodes (Ending Node) and describing nodes (Ending Desc).
So we can add any number of lanugages and each describing node can be
versioned by itself. So we can support translators by searching for each
node having just one describing node or where the version numbers differ.

Node: appl:learningObjectNode (mixin:referencable)
   - Node: appl:learningObjectDesc (mixin:language)
     - Property: appl:lanugage = "DE"
     - Property: appl:title = "Lernobjekt"
   - Node: appl:learningObjectDesc (mixin:language)
     - Property: appl:language = "EN"
     - Property: appl:title = "Learning Object"
   - other children
     - Node: appl:chapter
     - Node: appl:chapter

Are there any other suggestions or is there already some best practise?

Perhaps the next version of JSR170 should support a MultiValue type with
subkeys... e.g. title = [("DE", "Lernobjekt"),("EN","Learning Object")]

cheers,

Walter