jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting ...@yukatan.fi>
Subject Re: common libraries for jcr and jackrabbit (NodeType-Constants)
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 09:44:48 GMT
Hi,

Angela Schreiber wrote:
> since the new commons with the main-jackrabbit source
> now causes problems, i would like to have that
> interface defining some constants being available
> in the jackrabbit-commons, so i could remove the
> commons in jcr-server.

+1, as explained in the message forwarded by Angela.

Additionally, I'd like to refactor the internal Jackrabbit nodetype
object model and the nodetype XML format code into jackrabbit-commons.
I've already done this work for the contrib/jcr-ext package to be used
for my JCR adapter projects, but having a shared codebase with
Jackrabbit would be _so_ much better.

Any objections or comments about me doing this?

BR,

Jukka Zitting