jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: common libraries for jcr and jackrabbit (NodeType-Constants)
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 06:32:30 GMT
hi

i ask yukka and stefan yesterday, whether it would be
possible to move the org\apache\jackrabbit\nodetype\xml\Constants.java
to the commons project as well.

background:
the jcr-server contribution defines a REPORT that
allows to retrieve nodetype definitions. i deliberately
built the xml in order to be identical to the xml-representation
defined in the jackrabbit core and used the jackrabbit
constants (not copying them over) in order to show that
dependency.

while removing any dependency for the core, i temporarily
copied that interface to the commons defined in the
jcr-server (again a temporarly solution from my point
of view).

since the new commons with the main-jackrabbit source
now causes problems, i would like to have that
interface defining some constants being available
in the jackrabbit-commons, so i could remove the
commons in jcr-server.

see private communication below.
thanks & regards

angela