jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting ...@yukatan.fi>
Subject Re: build problems
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2005 16:18:20 GMT
Hi,

Tobias Strasser work:
> the build should now work again. it produces a:
> - jackrabbit/core/target/jackrabbit-core-1.0-dev.jar
> - jackrabbit/commons/target/jackrabbit-commons-1.0-dev.jar
> - jackrabbit/api/target/jackrabbit-api-1.0-dev.jar

You need to run "maven" or "maven buildall" in the root directory to
build Jackrabbit. Running "maven jar" will currently produce a dummy
jackrabbit-1.0-dev.jar. We should probably add a postGoal or whatever to
  catch the "maven jar" use case.

> actually i don't know, how we should handle building docs, dists
> etc...how do other projects do this? should we copy all stuff back to
> the toplevel project after building?

Sometime ago I was thinking about extending the site build to include
also the contrib packages so that for example the contrib/jcr-rmi Maven
site would automatically be deployed to
http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/contrib/jcr-rmi/. This would be
relatively easy to do also for the three new main subdirectories.

The drawback of this solution is that we'd have three separate but
related addresses for example for the Jackrabbit javadocs.

An alternative would be to specify the source paths of all the main
subdirectories ({api,common,core}/src/java) in the top-level project.xml
and use that to generate the main javadocs and other project reports.
This approach would probably be somewhat confusing in the long run.

BR,

Jukka Zitting