jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persistence Manager sanity check ehancements
Date Sat, 02 Jul 2005 04:57:29 GMT
Hi bertrand

Bertrand LEGA wrote:
> This tool is very usefull and I'm considering to add the following checks :
>  1. check that all the properties are defined for a node
>  2. check that the custom_nodetypes.xml is valid (simple DTD validation).
>
> For the check 1., the sanity check needs to be able to instanciate a
> NamespaceRegistry, which is not possible because the constructor is not
> accessible (RepositoryImpl is the class that creates
> NamespaceRegistryImpl).
> Which leaves me the following (inelegant) solution: copy the code of
> NamespaceRegistryImpl to NamespaceRegistrySanityImp and make the
> constructor public.
I don't like the copy approach either. I found the same limitation and
proposed to make the constructor public but there was no interest at
that moment. Feel free to post a jira issue.
I'd like to add checks for node type constraints before committing the
contribution. I don't like the idea of committing a repair tool that
will surely break the repo in known circumstances. Thanks for
volunteering :). btw, I also plan to add test cases, I already made some
but I'll add a few more.

BR,
edgar