jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>
Subject Re: common libraries for jcr and jackrabbit
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 09:34:10 GMT
Hi,

Tobias Strasser wrote:
> the core contains the former 'src/java' stuff from jackrabbit
> the commons will contain commonly used classes (currently only Text.java)
> the api will contain interfaces for accessing jackrabbit (currently empty)

Sounds excellent. My initial wishlist for things to refactor into the
commons library:

  * Value classes (at least the simple ones)
  * QName and Path classes
  * Some general-purpose base classes (like the ones in JCR-EXT)
  * XML import and export features
  * Query features (at least the language parsers)

> should i commit the changes, so we can make further adaptions until
> everything works again as expected?

+1 I'd be happy to help out in implementing this.

BR,

Jukka Zitting