jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Daglian <michael.dagl...@gmail.com>
Subject Versioned XML import
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 00:47:10 GMT
Hello everyone,

My apologies if this topic has been discussed in the archives but I was
unable to locate it after some time searching. The specification also
appears to treat the topic as implementation-specific so I figured this
would be the best forum to ask. We have a use-case to be able to roundtrip
system-view XML in a manner a bit different than the spec, namely from the
repository to a client and back to the repository. The client need not be a
Java client and may we wish to limit the amount of client-server
interactions so the client implementation will do some caching of transient
operations. The test was something like the following:

1. Export some subtree using system-view export (with the subtree containing
versioned nodes)
2. Manipulate the XML structure to alter some properties
3. Use either Session.importXML or Workspace.importXML to reintroduce the
data

I tried the various ImportUUIDBehaviors with no luck. The import throws an
exception that a version history already exists for the UUID (which is
correct). So my question is this the intended behavior? And, if so, are
there any suggestions/best practices for implementing such a system? It
seems like a fairly common use-case, especially given the webDAV deployment
scenario.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

-- Mike