jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: custom namespace/node type import tool
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 07:13:02 GMT
hi brian,

in crx have something called a "crx package"

if you export [1] content with a crx package all the dependencies
to nodetype-definitions and namespaces are included.
upon import [2] all those definitions are automatically
registered again.

feel free to test by downloading the trial
version of crx.

is that what you are looking for?
[possibly with an additional checkbox on
export that says "[ ] export nt's & ns's only"

if that should cover your usecase i am sure we could wrap
this into a command line option of the content repository.
[ and possibly port that tool over to jackrabbit sometime ;) ]

regards,
david

[1] http://jsr170tools.day.com/crx/zipper/index.jsp
[2] http://jsr170tools.day.com/crx/loader/index.jsp