jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: treatment of multivalued property
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2005 15:15:33 GMT
hi gena,

> Gennady Azarenkov wrote:
> > specs 6.7.13 PropertyDefinition: "isMultiple() - Reports whether this
> > property can have multiple values... "
> > means if isMultiple() == true  - property can be either multi- or single
> > valued,
> > if isMultiple() == false  - property should be single valued
> > right?
> No, AFAIK the isMultiple flag is definite, i.e. if isMultiple is true
> then the property is not single-valued.
that's correct. isMultiple() == true means is a multi value property.
of course an mvp can have only one value ;)

> Otherwise the API suffers severe
> breakage in many places, not least of which is the fact that the
> separate multi-/single-value namespaces would get mixed.
> I'm not sure if this is more properly explained in the spec somewhere
> else. If not then it probably should be in an errata or included in a
> future revision.
there are numerous places where the spec explains that
setting an mvp with a non-array argument will throw a
ValueFormatException
also the fact that nt:unstructured has two residual
property definitions shows how that works.
but of course clarifications are always a good thing.
thanks for suggesting it.

regards,
david