jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maintaining reference relations between repositories
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:36:19 GMT
hi pete,

thanks a lot for your comment.

> Maybe next update it should be
> "Level 2 repositories must support the import of content from BOTH
> of the standard XML mappings, system view and document view [...]"
> Relying on 'must' and 'and' to strengthen the 'either' to mean 'both' you
> get "it is pretty safe to say that a compliant repository can deal with a
> system view." rather than something unambiguous on a first reading.
> You can't assume that all readers have English as first language.
> (OK, I'm a pedant, working in nuclear and aerospace safety
> documentation systems does that to you, and there are plenty of
> systems that work fine without the burden of formal or controlled language)
agreed.  based on my "swiss german"background i implicitly appreciate
your hint...

> Is there a reason (other than the Word useability bug) that all page numbers
> 47 in the jsr170-0.16.3-pdf.pdf TOC are all 49? Is there a final version of the
> spec somewhere that is print ready?
the final release of the spec is on its way as submitted for the final
approval ballot (pending in the jcp administration), but it should be
released any day now.
the version 1.0 should be "print ready" too.

regards,
david