jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maintaining reference relations between repositories
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:47:42 GMT
hi michael,

> Suppose two repositories, an author and a public repository. You can activate
> content from one to the other. The two repositories are physically separated,
> maybe located on different machines.
the term "activation" has no meaning in the realm of a content
repository. since i know exactly where this term stems from,
i think i understand that you talk about replication or syndication of
content from one repository to the other.

> My use case are references to nodes (e.g. links to a page or an asset) that are
> of subtype mix:referenceable. The challenge we encounter is that the read only
> property 'jcr:uuid' is generated automatically while activating and thus
> references are lost.
> How can you ensure that references in the author repository are respected in
> the public repository?
export/import can keep the uuid's beyond the boundaries of a repository.
it seems like the obvious solution to me... what did you have in mind?

regards,
david