jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting VersionHistory after removing of a Node
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 11:48:56 GMT
hi cedric,

> 1) Is there a way to also remove the VersionHistory (there is an API to
> remove each Version, but not the rootVersion nor the VersionHistory
> itself) ?
true.. we even had discussion in the expert group around the feature
of removing versions. it seems that the removal of version
histories and versions is more of administrational cleanup process in the
repository than something that an application should have to worry about.
but i think i can see your point and if we shoose to extend jcr into the
repository administration realm this may certainly be a relevant addition.

> 2) How can I have access to VersionHistory, once the Node is deleted ?
> The JCR API contains a paragraph about "Searching and Traversing version
> storage" with queries, but this won't help me to get the VersionHistory
> of a deleted Node, or am I missing something ?
what would you like use to identify the "deleted node"? uuid? path? path
& workspace? path & workspace & date? other properties?
currently we assumed the uuid (or other properties) as the identifier, but
i think there is a bit of a grey area there, so i would be interested to hear
your usecase.

regards,
david