jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a SVN tag in Jackrabbit for JSR170 Final Release?
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 21:59:48 GMT
hi alejandro,

sorry for the delay.

> >> I'm not sure if that's true, as just yesterday a release vote was
> >> started on general@i.a.o. However, I think that it has been the policy
> >> of Jackrabbit not to make releases before JSR 170 is ready.
> > i think the incubator does not stop us from making releases, please
> > correct me if i am wrong),
> I remember something like it for Pluto (JSR168 RI), looking at the
> Incubator Guidelines I've found the following:
> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/
> Incubation_Policy.html#Releases%0D
you are right, releasing from the incubator seem substancially
constrained.

since the formal RI-release is performed by "day software"
and not by the asf, i think there is no problem.
in other words, the jackrabbit v1.0 release can be further
down the road when the jackrabbit community feels that
jackrabbit is ready to a) leave the incubator and b) is
ready for a release.

> > however the ri is a relase of day-software
> > as the spec-lead and has only an indirect conjunction with a
> > jackrabbit release.
> I assume the RI will be Apache 2.0 license as well, right?
yes, except that the licensor is "day software" instead
of the asf.

regards,
david