jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Digby <li...@digby.net>
Subject Re: Using Jackrabbit with MySQL / Hibernate
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:32:31 GMT
Thanks Serge - that should keep me going for another few days of playing
around. Will take a lok at the jdbc-persistence and see if it satisfies
my curiosity!

I think I'm just jumping the gun on a fairly young project and expecting
it to be all things to all men already, which is a little unreasonable,
but I'll keep checking on progess.

Serge Huber wrote:
> Hi Digby,
> The way to make Jackrabbit use the DB instead of the FS for data, is to
> modify the repository.xml and workspace.xml files. They must use the ORM
> PersistenceManager implementations. See the default files in
> contrib/orm/applications/test/respository.xml and then in the workspaces
> directories you have the configuration for each workspace.
> Note that only the content itself will be stored in the DB. For the
> moment the Lucene indexes and default nodetypes will be still on disk.
> Regards,
>  Serge Huber.
> Digby wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I've managed to download and compile the source for both teh main
>> Jackrabbit project and (with a few tweaks) the ORM-persistence contrib
>> project, but I'm not sure how to get my application working with the
>> orm stuff. The readme.txt file suggests changing a couple of files
>> depending on which db you want to use, but not how to change
>> Jackrabbit from using the filesystem to using orm.
>> Has anyone got any pointers?
>> Otherwise I'm really excited about Jackrabbit and JSR-170.
>> Congratulations to all involved.
>> TIA
>> /Digby

View raw message