jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Digby <li...@digby.net>
Subject Re: Using Jackrabbit with MySQL / Hibernate
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:43:36 GMT
Okay - I've just read the wiki about ORM and it's clearly not as
straightforward as I was hoping. I've only just started looking at the
Jackrabbit project, so I'm not up to speed with all the issues, but
coming from an rdbms background, I would have thought most users would
want to be able to plug Jackrabbit into an existing schema, at least for
type 1 repositories. Also for type 2 repositories, as someone else
mentioned in another msg, proprietary flat files might scare a lot of
clients because they can't see where their data is from a traditional
perspective.

I rather like the idea of having the database set up in a similar way to
how the JSR-170 pec suggests (with one table per property type) for type
2 repositories. It's more "normal" for systems people and is also
available to systems outside JSR-170 (non-Java - MS ADO for example).

Just my 2 pennies worth!

/Digby