jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Morton" <Peter.Mor...@gtnet.com>
Subject Modifying checking in properties.
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:32:09 GMT
Hello,

I would like to set the value of a property of a node that is checked-in,
without having to check the node out.  (ie so that it is only exists in the
workspace and not under version control)

I have set the property OnParentVersionAction.IGNORE for onParentVersion.
but the code fails due to the following check:

        // verify that parent node is checked-out
        if (!parent.internalIsCheckedOut()) {
            throw new VersionException("cannot set the value of a property
of a checked-in node "
                    + safeGetJCRPath());
        }

Should I be doing this a different way?

Peter.

This email (and any attachments) is private and confidential, and is intended
solely for the addressee. If you have received this communication in error
please remove it and inform us via telephone or email.

Although we take all possible steps to ensure mail and attachments are free
from malicious content, malware and viruses, we cannot accept any responsibility
whatsoever for any changes to content outwith our administrative bounds.

The views represented within this mail are solely the view of the
author and do not reflect the views of Graham Technology as a whole.

Graham Technology plc                               http://www.gtnet.com