jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Miro Walker" <miro.wal...@oyster.com>
Subject RE: Workflow
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2005 17:16:29 GMT
That sounds like a good idea - some idea of quasi-standard approaches to
certain applications would be very useful I would imagine. I'd like to
have a look through the archives to find the earlier conversation - is
there a searchable version of the mailing list archive or do I need to
download the tarballs and search them offline? The only place I've seen
is: http://incubator.apache.org/mail/jackrabbit-dev/.

Cheers,

Miro

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregor J. Rothfuss [mailto:gregor@apache.org]
Sent: 05 June 2005 17:53
To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Workflow

Miro Walker wrote:

> I haven't fully thought this through yet, but I think the idea of
> nodetypes to define workflows and workflowsteps would be a good start
as
> a way to define workflow templates. That definition would define the
> state transition information between workflowsteps. However, it may be
> necessary to separately model an instance of a workflow template for a
> specific target, and a mixin that simply points from nodes to
> workflowsteps as a many to one relationship might not be sufficient
for
> all applications.

would that be one of the situations where jackrabbit could document
commonly used node types? i remember a discussion about that a while
ago.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Oyster Partners Ltd does not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Oyster Partners Ltd.