jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Daglian, Michael \(IT\)" <Michael.Dagl...@morganstanley.com>
Subject Persistent Metadata?
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 14:41:41 GMT
Hello everyone,

Apologies if this question has been asked before but I could not find
any references in the archives. It appears from the current Jackrabbit
implementation that metadata resources such as node types and the root
UUID must be stored in a FileSystem (or using a class implementing the
FileSystem interface to be specific). However, it would be useful to be
able to persist these definitions in some other storage medium (e.g. a
database) for the purposes of availability, replication, etc. that major
DB vendors provide. The FileSystem interface seems ill-suited towards
this usage so I was wondering if anyone had explored other options for
persistent storage of this metadata. Thanks!

Best Regards,

-- Mike

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender does not waive confidentiality
or privilege, and use is prohibited.