jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Non JSR 170 - JackRabbit Dependencies
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:14:13 GMT
ok, i see. your app is probably registering custom node types.
node type management has intentionally been left out
in version 1.0 of the spec. it's a very complicated matter
and it's difficult to reach a consensus. in the rdbms world
there's no standard for schemas and DDL, i guess for
similar reasons. the next version of the jsr 170 spec
will probably cover node type management but for the
time being you have to write vendor specific code if
you want to register your own node types.

as for your list of dependencies, i guess only the following
are really required:

import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeDef;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeDefImpl;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeRegistry;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.PropDef;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.PropDefImpl;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.QName;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.value.ValueHelper;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.util.ISO8601;

cheers
stefan